Things to keep in Mind -- ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE JUST GETTING STARTED
One of the experienced autism moms wrote this and Kerri loves it.
If you’re in this group, you are on the bleeding edge of an evolving protocol. If you are not comfortable with helping define a protocol – which by nature will include both ups and downs – you should consider participating one of the other MMS facebook groups instead.
1. Be flexible. Recommendations can and do change around here. We are defining this protocol and documenting its results and that’s why we recommend doing ATECs. You should keep this in mind when considering buying protocol materials bulk.
2. Take out everything you thought you knew from DAN, etc, and set it aside. This is a new protocol with a completely different way of looking at things. The DAN response to a symptom of “I think we’re deficient, we should supplement xyz” is not applicable in this protocol. Our response to that same symptom is “the underlying cause of xyz deficiency is pathogens, treat the pathogens.”
3. We see gains ebb and flow. There are a couple of reasons for that:
During the initial ramping up of MMS, die off is not uncommon. We go slow for this reason. The recommended 1 drop increase per day is too fast for some kids. If you have die off related symptoms (aggression, yeastie giggles, rashes, fever, diarrhea, sleep problems, etc), back off a couple of drops, let your child stabilize out and then increase very slowly.
MMS does a really good job of mopping up the die off toxins when its in the body. That said, MMS is only active for 1 hour. So if you’re dosing MMS every 2 hours and getting in your 8 doses, there’s 1 hour in between doses with nothing active in the body. Frequently you’ll see a suggestion on the boards to dose hourly during all waking hours, making a second baby bottle when you finish your 8 doses. That way there’s never the break without active MMS in the body and you stay ahead of the die off.
It is when you are on a high dose of MMS and pissing off worms, making them excrete out lots of bacteria and fungus into your gut (including A. and G. Hemolytic Strep that causes PANDAS in so many of our kids). This typically happens once you are on a relatively high dose of MMS but not yet doing an effective parasite protocol. The first couple rounds of parasite meds worms die and release lots more bacteria and fungus making our kids even crazier. Most people on this group combat this with lots of MMS. If you are not treating parasites, cutting back on MMS will reduce POWS, but if you are treating parasites, you may need more MMS to clean up the trash they leave behind.
4. Enemas are not optional if you start any sort of parasite protocol. We all start out tremendously intimidated by them and don’t want to teach our ASD kids about putting things in their rectums. Move past it. We’ll help you figure out how best to give your child an enema, and all kids are different. Enemas have proven to be critical in mopping up toxins particularly during parasite protocols. The first answer you’re going to get on the forums when you log in to ask about your child's behavioral flare on this protocol is “Do another enema”. The enemas are not about removing stool, they are about getting more MMS into the bloodstream to mop up the garbage left behind. For enemas, the rule is no more than 2 activated drops of MMS per 100ml. You want to work up to 1L of water. The other rule is, let them poop when they need to. This probably means that a 1L enema will involve 4-6 “fills and releases”. Its not important to make them hold it, its important to get the garbage out. You can also consider colonics, some of our kids are doing well with them and some are completely not comfortable with the sensation. Not only do enemas clear out today’s stool, they “steal tomorrows” and you may see spontaneous bowel movements decreasing in frequency because there’s nothing left to be pushed out. If you are seeing the same volume coming out w/enemas as you were before enemas, don’t panic.
5. If you’re new here, read the files. Print them off, make a binder, highlight things. Everything you need to know is in those files. Save the discussion group for the support and troubleshooting.
6. The rules about food and supplements that interact w/MMS are hard and fast. If you are using any supplements with Antioxidants in them with MMS you are negating both and wasting your money. See point #2.
The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site, is for general information purposes only. This site makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this web site, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician!